SHARED GREEN DEAL is a project that looks to stimulate shared actions on Green Deal initiatives run across Europe, by providing Social Sciences and Humanities (SSH) tools to support the implementation of 8 EU Green Deal policy areas, at the local and regional level.
They have just launched a call for local/regional authorities and not-for-profit organisations to partner with them to run social experiments focused on the following six priority Green Deal topics: Clean Energy, Circular Economy, Efficient Renovations, Sustainable Mobility, Sustainable Food, Preserving Biodiversity.
Utilising diverse participatory approaches to involve local stakeholders and citizens, the experiments will address the behavioural, social and cultural dimensions of the European Green Deal. The social experiments aim to facilitate and learn from change processes at both individual and collective levels whilst collecting research data in the process.
SHARED GREEN DEAL will provide financial support of up to EUR 22,000 to run each local social experiment for one year from spring/summer 2023. In total, 24 European locations will be selected to run the social experiments (4 locations per stream).
The experiments have specific objectives according to each of the six streams covered and the deadline to apply is January 31.
Learn more about each stream via the boxes at the bottom of this page or begin here.
Overall commitments applicable to all streams
- Attend 12 online progress meetings (1/month) to update your SHARED GREEN DEAL contact partner on your latest activities and progress. This involves responding to a brief monthly progress survey pre-meeting.
- Participate in an in-person 1,5-days training linked to your experiment stream (in English) in April 2023 - travel and accommodation costs will be reimbursed via an additional budget provided by SHARED GREEN DEAL.
- Participate in an in-person 1,5 days study tour within the field of your social experiment in late 2023 or early 2024 - travel and accommodation costs will be reimbursed via an additional budget provided by SHARED GREEN DEAL.
- Undertake 10 in-depth interviews with the local target stakeholders and citizens of the social experiment INCLUDING translating the questions from English into your local language and the answers into English. Interview resources and transcripts will be provided by the SHARED GREEN DEAL project.
To be eligible for this SHARED GREEN DEAL Grant, applicants must:
- Be located in the EU or countries associated with H2020 (note: this includes the UK for this call)
- Be either:
- A local or regional authority (including municipalities, cities, towns, villages)
- A not-for-profit organisation (e.g. NGOs, civil society organisations, municipal companies, local energy agencies, associations etc).
For more information, check out the SHARED GREEN DEAL website.
You can move forward with the application by confirming your interest through this link.
- Publication date
- 2 December 2022