Covenant of Mayors - Europe website
This statement applies to content published on the domain: ‘eu-mayors.ec.europa.eu’
It does not apply to other content or websites published on any of its subdomains. These websites and their content will have their own specific accessibility statement.
This website is managed by Directorate-General for Energy. It is designed to be used by as many people as possible, including people with disabilities.
You should be able to:
- navigate most of the website using just a keyboard
- navigate most of the website using a modern screen reader and speech recognition software (on your computer or phone)
This website is designed to comply with the technical standard for websites and mobile apps, EN 301 549, v.3.2.1. This closely follows level ‘AA’ of the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) version 2.1.
This website is partially compliant with technical standard EN 301 549 v.3.2.1 and the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.1 Level AA.
See ‘Non-accessible content’ for more details. The website was last tested on 05/08/2023.
Preparation of this statement
This statement was reviewed on 14/11/2023.
Automated accessibility tests have been performed and with manual review of the results as well as limited manual accessibility testing.
We welcome your feedback on the accessibility of the Covenant of Mayors - Europe website. Please let us know if you encounter accessibility barriers:
We try to respond to feedback within 15 business days from the date of receipt of the enquiry by the responsible Commission department.
Compatibility with browsers and assistive technology
The Covenant of Mayors - Europe website is designed to be compatible with the following most used assistive technologies:
- the latest version of Google Chrome and Apple Safari browsers;
- in combination with the latest versions of JAWS, NVDA, VoiceOver and TalkBack.
The accessibility of the Covenant of Mayors - Europe website relies on the following technologies to work with the particular combination of web browser and any assistive technologies or plugins installed on your computer:
Despite our best efforts to ensure accessibility of the Covenant of Mayors - Europe website, we are aware of some limitations, which we are working to fix. Below is a description of known limitations and potential solutions. Please contact us if you encounter an issue not listed below.
Known limitations for the Covenant of Mayors - Europe website:
- Navigation menu accessibility: Some content has not been properly coded for the best experience with a screen reader. We plan to fix this issue by December 2023.
- Interactive maps: Interactive maps are not accessible to people with a vision impairment or users who rely on keyboard navigation. We plan to fix this issue by December 2023.
- Cookie Banner: Some color contrast does not meet WCAG 2 AA contrast ratio thresholds.
- Media iFrames: Some color contrast does not meet WCAG 2 AA contrast ratio thresholds.
- Media iFrames: Some iframes have the same accessible names.