The International Annual Conference on energy poverty is taking place on 19-20 September 2023, in the vibrant city of Warsaw, Poland. Organised by the Energy Poverty Advisory Hub (EPAH), Directorate-General for Energy (DG ENER) of the European Commission and the Polish Network Energie-Cités (PNEC), this event promises to be a crucial gathering of local governments, policymakers, experts, and stakeholders dedicated to addressing energy poverty and fostering sustainable solutions at the local level.
The event aims to address the transition from emergency coping mechanisms to sustainable policies and measures to reduce energy poverty for all including energy-poor and vulnerable consumers and debate on recommendations for member states and municipalities as appropriate frameworks to use in tackling energy poverty.
National and local governments in Poland are mobilised to addressing energy poverty, including by applying for technical assistance to develop local actions through the EPAH calls. The city of Warsaw has been a frontrunner in the climate and energy transition and has made it as one of its priorities to tackle energy poverty. By bringing the annual conference in Warsaw, we aim to reflect on the transition from temporary emergency strategies to sustainable policies and initiatives with the objectives to:
- Put the new reality of energy poverty on the agenda on all levels of governance.
- Exchange between cities with different track records of tackling energy poverty.
- Support cities to identify and adopt long-term policies to tackle energy poverty.
- Reflect on possible EU recommendations for good practices to tackle energy poverty at local and national level.
Agenda: The detailed agenda of the event will be announced soon. It will include:
- High-level Opening Sessions: Engage with influential policymakers, decision-makers, and senior representatives from EU, national and local level.
- Panel Discussions: Participate in thought-provoking debates and interactive sessions to exchange ideas, share experiences, and identify innovative approaches for tackling energy poverty.
- Workshops: Gain practical insights, learn and share good practices with local government representatives and stakeholders working on the ground.
- Site Visit: Experience firsthand the impact of successful energy poverty initiatives in Warsaw through guided visit to a local action that have made a significant difference in its community.
- Networking Opportunities: Connect with like-minded professionals, stakeholders, and experts in the field and foster collaboration.
Open call for workshops The EPAH team aims to launch an open call for interested stakeholders to organise workshops as part of the event agenda. Stay tuned for the call!
The event is open for everyone interested in tackling energy poverty. Limited spaces are available, so early registration is recommended. The registration for the annual conference will open soon.
- the Energy Poverty Advisory Hub (EPAH), Directorate-General for Energy (DG ENER) of the European Commission and the Polish Network Energie-Cités (PNEC)